Bad Kitty - Eliza Gayle

Kitty, a cougar shifter, was exiled from her clan to the neutral zone where other outcast shifters and half breeds go. There was an attempt on her life immediately after arriving and she wound up in the wolfs territory severely beaten and on the edge of death.

Rafe is an Alpha wolf on the rise and interrupts a disturbing scene while in the woods. He rescues Kitty and nurses her back to health.

Great start to a series and a really good read! There is a lot of action, humor, great story and don't forget about the sizzling connection and hot sex between Kitty and Rafe! I think this is a spin off series from Eliza's Black Cougar series... which I MUSTread now and maybe it should be read first. With that being said, I was able to understand what some of Kitty's back story was. I was not lost while reading this and I will worry about getting the details later.

I like the kind of romance that has the forbidden love aspect to it. Its the Wolves vs Cougars and we all know dogs and cats don't always play well together. I really like the very real cat like reactions Kitty has when she's walking into the wolves den to meet the Alpha male. Fight or flight reaction and hissing. I love Rafe's Alpha side and I really like it when a male character has caveman like tendencies. I think the fight scenes were my favorite. Very well written and got my heart pumping. I cannot wait to read more from this author.

Some of my favorites:
Kitty "Are you on Drugs? Do you honestly think coming here was some kind of reward? I've lost my father, I've lost my home. And now I'm being forced to look at your ugly face."

Kitty "A quiet rumble began to form in her throat. Dear God, if she started to purr she was going to kill him just to save face."

Rafe "As someone who lived amazingly close to his animalistic side, the desire to go all caveman on Kitty rode him like a demon on a mission from hell."

I received a copy of this book from Gypsy Ink Books and Eliza Gayle via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.