Breaking the Storm (Credence Curse) - One Wish Publishing

There are some things I like and some things I didn't like. I really liked the storyline and I was hooked from the beginning. The sex scenes are really good and I think the characters are well developed.

The book started off pretty good and then got a little repetitive. It felt like the beginning of the story took a really long time to get through. Then it started to really pick up at about 30%. Then when Storm and Knox cross paths 5 years later is where it started to trail off for me. Knox turned into an arrogant jerk when he became a famous rock star. He's really into D/s relationships, which is fine... but it felt like that part of the story was thrown in as an afterthought. I feel like the D/s relationship was awkward through the entire book and could have been left out and I would have liked the story more. It almost feels like...Since BDSM is popular right now, let's throw some D/s in this book to see if we can sell some more books. That's probably not the motive here, but that part of the book wasn't believable. Actually, Knox and Storms entire relationship wasn't believable to me. The fantasy and paranormal aspect was more believable and interesting to read about. I just want a book with an Alpha male whos Dominant without being a Dom.

Storm's character was a little annoying to me. She is this hybrid Fae-Wolf-Witch and was raised knowing this and learning about the Others... but she cant sense another 'Other'? Not believable. Knox Gunner was great in the beginning but he lost me when he would refer to Storm as his Slut and turned into a jerk for a while. Also, I absolutely do NOT like his name. I think its cliché and silly.

Over all, it was an ok read. If you can get over the weirdly placed BDSM, the story and sex are pretty good. I give the paranormal part of the story 4 stars, the sex 4 stars and overall execution of the book 3 stars. I will say that the I really like the book cover! I give that 4 stars

I received a copy of this book from One wish Publishing and Sedona Venez via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.