Layers Deep (Layers Trilogy #1) - Lacey Silks

Are you KIDDING ME??!! I know there is a warning in the synopsis about this being a cliffhanger and Allie and Tristan will get their HEA in later books... but its still infuriating.

WARNING!

CLIFFHANGER!

NO HEA!

Allie Green is a New York cop with a tragic past. She has been plotting revenge on the one man who destroyed her family 13 years ago. Allie seizes an opportunity to work for a security firm at Cross Enterprises and plans to use the company's resources to take out her revenge. This is where Tristan Cross comes in. Super hot, sexy and smart rich guy walks in and immediately makes eyes at Allie. They have an instant connection.

The cliffhanger and the lack of a HEA are the only reason why this is not getting 4 stars form me. So frustrating. I really don't like that feeling when you know you're getting close to the end of the book and nothing has been resolved. WHY?? I will buy the next book based on the content alone to therefore it's not necessary to leave me hanging like that.

*frustrated reader*

I'm so upset because this is a really good novella and should have been a fantastically amazing full length book. There was only one thing that got resolved and that all happened in about one chapter. What happened to Mr. Wright, Kendra, Julian, Allie's mom Peg and Martinez?

I can't go into a lot of detail because I don't want to give away any of the story. I will say that there is some suspense, but I wish there was more. Also, once Tristan and Allie seal the deal... they cant seem to keep their hands off each other. So there is a lot of sex and its pretty good. Then you have some good story and then a twist and then a WTF moment and a cliffhanger.

I would not recommend reading this book unless you have the rest of the series waiting to read immediately after you're done. With that being said... I WILL be reading the rest of this series and hopefully it comes out soon. I don't like being left on the hook like this.

I received a copy of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.