Be Were (Southern Shifters) - Eliza Gayle

Niki is a rare white cougar, created and raised in a lab as part of an experiment. She's now free, alone, pregnant and on the run from her one night stand.

Dean is a hybrid Jaguar shifter. He's had a falling out with his family and he's on his own and prefers it that way. Until Niki walks into his bar and he immediately recognizes and claims her as his mate. Now he just need to convince Niki of this.

Pretty good read. It's well written, flows smoothly and it's a solid story. I didn't get into this one as much as I did Bad Kitty. It has good bones and I was interested the entire time, just nothing really jumped out at me. I do like that Niki could possibly be the key to figuring out the fertility problem within the shifter community, but the story really never went into any detail about it.

Overall, it has a solid story, the sex is REALLY good but the plot felt a little weak to me. It was an enjoyable read and I will continue with the rest of the series.

My Favorite Quotes:
"You call me mate one more time and I'll be borrowing a knife from Calder over there to slice off your balls."

"Fuck that. Ain't stopping now. They come in now they better pull up a fucking chair and watch cause this show is started." ."

"Open your eyes and look at me, babe. Watch me as I take what is mine. Because I fucking love it."

I received a copy of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.