Tears of Tess - Pepper Winters

What a fantastically dark, twisted, heart pumping read. I liked this one a lot... but I will warn you, this is not for everyone. This is dark and if you have a hard time reading about slavery, human trafficking, rape and BDSM then this probably isn't for you. On the other hand if you've maybe touched on some of these things but haven't really dived into the dark side, then you may want to give this a try.

Tess hasn't really had the best childhood but she's making the best of it as an adult. She's got the best boyfriend, Brax, who's loving, sweet and everything a girl could want. The only problem is that Tess has desires that Brax is uncomfortable with. Tess wants to be tied up, spanked and claimed by Brax and he wants nothing to do with that. While on vacation in Mexico Tess's life is about to change in a very drastic way.

"Three little words that terrified, stole my breath, and made my life flicker before my eyes. Three little words: I was sold."

Tess is a fighter and refuses to break for anyone. She is tagged, tattooed, beaten, treated like a junkyard dog and sold like a common store product. Tess is sold to a man named Q and soon realizes that escaping her new life as a slave is unlikely. Q owns her and will soon own everything about her.

"Monsters find each other in the dark."

There are a few parts in the book that I thought were a little out of place and could have done without. One is Q asking Tess if she's on birth control? She is a slave and has been with you for a while now and you're asking her if she's on birth control? Another one is after a rape, Im sure the furthest thing on her mind is having sex. With that being said, I get where the author was going with this and it is explained in the book. It still just seems a little odd to me. And finally the champagne! Really? Was that necessary? This is not a rap video. This is the one scene that really made me look up from my book and say WTF?

Overall, I loved this book. It was dark, twisted, sexy and went places that surprised me.