Hillary: Tail of the Dog - Angel Gelique

WARNING: This novel contains disturbingly explicit sexual and deviant content that may be considered offensive to some readers, including rape, torture and cannibalism.

What the fuuucccckkkk did I just read!?!?!?

I'm still not sure how I want to rate this book, so I've listed a few different rating stars below. This is a book that I normally wouldn't read but I was craving something different and I got exactly that. I read the warning and still wanted to read it. I read the blurb and was interested and intrigued.

Writing ~ 4 Creative Stars
Storyline ~ 5 Creeptastic Stars
Shock Factor ~ 5 Make me want to read with my eyes closed Stars
My personal overall rating ~ 3.5 Stars

Please don't be detoured by my rating. This was a very well written book with a fantastic storyline. My rating is based on content and my personal comfort level. This book is not for everyone and I thought about stopping 3 or 4 times but I wanted to see this through. I'm happy that I did but my journey was a horrific trip through the mind of a psychopath. Think about a cross between Silence of the Lambs, Freeway I and II, Jeffrey Dahmer, American Psycho and Twilight Zone all wrapped in one little scary book. This was a mind fuck like I've never experienced.

mindfuck

Fifteen year old Hillary Greyson wakes up form a nightmare only to realize that she really is in a nightmare. She is alone, naked and strapped to a bed. She has no memory of who she is, how she got to be where she's at and has completely lost her memory. She soon discovers that she's at the mercy of Dr. Morrison, Monica and Dr. Bentley. Are they real doctors? Are these people really here to help Hillary? Or are these people psychotic and bent on torturing a teenage girl? How long will her nightmare last?

evileye

At 4% in I was already pretty grossed out and woke my husband up in the middle of the night say "Oh my GOD! What the FUCK!!!

At 12% the POV switched so much I was thoroughly confused as to who I was reading.

At 15% I was begging for no pedophilia. And Monica has some seriously fucked up morals. I'm paraphrasing here but it was pretty much like this; "Oh, it's totally fine to use a child for unethical science experiments but I draw the line inappropriate touching." Really?

"He was conflicted between his intense yearning to touch her and his duties as a professional doctor... not to mention his marital vows."

gross

At about 50% in shit really starts happening. I thought I had a hard time at the beginning... well Im about to get a lollipop triple dipped in psycho.

crazy

At 71% is where I almost threw in the towel. I had to take breaks and almost put it down for good. This is just so fucked up and twisted and downright evil.

Stuff happens that makes me want to run screaming down the street! NOOOOOOOO!!!!! You can't!!! STOP!!!! PLEASE STOP!!!!!

I feel the following can be best described in a series of gifs.

motherofgod

naturalbornkillermallory

naturalbornkillerblood

nobodyissafe

bloodyscissors

meganfoxjennifersbody

Ijustthrewupinmymouth

freeway

Overall, it was a great book. It took me to a place I've never gone before and I'm not sure I can go again. I need a therapist a priest a shower and a Disney movie STAT! I wanted to read with my eyes closed, it made me cringe and loose my appetite. Only a great author can pull this much emotion out of me. Sobravo Angel Gelique! Bravo! At this point I don't think I can finish the series. I may come back to it later down the road but for now I have to put my melted brain back together.

Thank you to JaHy and Barbara for the encouragement and support to keep going.