The Real Housewives of Olympus - Saranna DeWylde

Buddy read with Kay Dirty Girls' Good Books’

First I want to say that I love Greek Mythology and I especially love it in my romance! Im not an expert by far but I do enjoy it. I've waited a long time to read this book and I was not disappointed. It was fantastic. I laughed a lot, cried and got really mad at the characters. This book was surprisingly an emotional roller coaster and I did not expect it to get so serious.

Hera

Nyx
nyx

Demeter
demeter

This is a story about 5 Goddess on Ambrosia Lane and told from their point of view. Hera is the experienced and manipulative Goddess. Abstinence is the new Goddess on the block who is innocent but wise. Persephone is the spoiled Godling who's trying to find herself and stand on her own. Nyx is the BFF Goddess you can talk to about anything. Demeter is the bitter Goddess who blames everyone else for her misery.

Throw some hot Gods into the mix and you've got yourself a recipe for steamy sex scenes, good humor and a downright fabulous story. I have to be honest and say that I did not like Hera through out most of the book. My girl Kay Dirty Girls' Good Books’ absolutely loved her but I just wanted to punch her in the throat. Hera is one of those characters you love to hate. Or, I love to hate.

I loved the few references to Kansas and Missouri. It's always nice to hear your hometown mentioned in books. It doesn't happen very often since I'm right in the middle of the US. Believe it or not but Kansas and Missouri just aren't that exotic.

Overall, I loved it. The sex was good and didn't overshadow the story. The humor was great and I had some real laugh out loud moments. The characters have depth and emotion that will knock you off your rocker. And finally the story is fantastic and will keep you guessing. DeWylde has a new fan!

Favorite Quotes:
"That's always an option, but no, it wasn't only to give you a mustache ride. We do have a quit a sense of community here on Olympus."

"Zeus is paranoid as a meth head when it comes to his rule."

"Oh, that's going to bo over like a steaming pile of Cyclops shit."

"No, just wait before you whip out the crotch puppet." "I don't have a 'crotch puppet', son. Do you need an anatomy lesson too, because I thought we had this discussion when you were much younger?"

"But I want to, Hera. I want to taste you on my lips and feel you clench around my fingers and tongue. I want to hear you scream my name and when I do fuck you, I want your nails so deep in my back I bleed."

"You are so full of Kraken crap, Zeus. It's another line to get into another pair of knickers."